Why did my credit card payment fail?
Troubleshooting failed payments
To protect your security and privacy, your bank cannot provide Scrapbook.com with information about why your payment was declined. Because of this, you most likely need to contact your bank directly to solve most payment issues.
Contact your bank to resolve all other payment issues even if:
- You have successfully used the payment method on a previous order.
- Part of your order has already been charged and shipped successfully.
- You have funds available in your bank account or on your credit card to cover the order cost.
Steps that you can take to resolve payment issues
- Contact your bank about payment security policies. Your bank may flag any unexpected activity on your account. This includes first-time orders and high-value purchases, regardless of the amount of funds available or your credit limit. Your bank may require your verbal authorization to proceed with a transaction.
- Contact your bank about daily withdrawal or purchase limits. Most banks have limits on how much money can be charged or accessed in a single day. If you exceed this daily amount, your bank may block your account from any further activity regardless of available funds in the account.
- Contact your bank about payment authorizations and reserved funds. When you place an order, we contact your card's issuing bank to confirm that your credit card has a valid number and has not been reported as lost or stolen. This is communicated by means of a full authorization for the amount of the purchase. If you make changes to your order or cancel items, or if your order containing multiple items ships in more than one shipment, your card may be authorized for each change and funds may be reserved against your account for each authorization. Some banks may hold these authorizations for 7 to 10 business days.
- Verify the payment information that is entered on your order. Did your billing address change recently or did you get a new card with a new expiration date?
- Submit an alternate payment method for your order. If you are unable to resolve the payment issue with your bank in a timely manner, you are always welcome to change the payment method on your order to another card.