The class video won’t play. What do I do?
If you are unable to play the classroom videos, here are a few options that might help solve the issues you are having.
1. The videos play in HD quality. If you are having trouble viewing the videos, you have the option to play the video at a slower speed. To do so, please follow the steps below…
- Click on any video and hit play.
- Look in the lower right hand corner of the video screen, located next to the time stamp you will see an HD button. The videos play in HD as the default.
- If you click on the HD button this allows the video to play at a slower speed. This may also be a solution that will allow you to play the videos successfully.
2. Try a different browser. (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari - Mac) If you are not using Chrome, try that first. There are known issues with the Forefox Browser, particularly on Macs.
3. Clear your cache (temporary internet files). Each browser is different, but you can search google for specific instructions about clearing your browser cache.
4. If your internet is slow or unreliable, this can cause issues. If this is the case you will likely see a buffering message. You can check with your internet provider to see if there are problems. If it is taking too long to render the video, that might be the issue.